Information and Data We Collect
Customers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for HostGoi services, including their name, street address, city, state/province, country, email address, telephone number, and billing information (such as a credit card number). In addition, to register a domain name, customers are asked to provide this information for the registrant, administrative contact, technical contact and billing contact of the domain name for submission to the appropriate domain registry or registration database. This is also known as the WHOIS database.
HostGoi makes use of technologies like cookies in order to keep track of visitors and registered customers and to relate one computer transaction to a later one. You may set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or change the settings on your web browser to clear or disable cookies. If you decide to disable cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of HostGoi’s website. Please be aware that if you visit third party websites where you are prompted to log in or that are customizable, you may be required to accept cookies. Cookies do not enable third parties to access any of your personally identifiable information. However, advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies. HostGoi does not control use of these cookies and is not responsible for information collected through them. By becoming a customer, you expressly consent to the collection of the aforementioned information.
Use Of Information
HostGoi has designed its websites so that individuals may visit us on the Web without revealing personally identifiable information. HostGoi uses information it collects to provide and collect payment for its web hosting solutions and other related services. Passively collected information, such as information collected from or about your device including through the placement or reading of cookies or other tracking technologies is used to provide a customized experience as you use HostGoi services.
A) Customer Contact and Account Information
The information collected from customers is used to manage each customer’s account (e.g., billing details and client area management) and to promote other products or services that HostGoi believe may be of interest to its customers. HostGoi may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from information that customers provide during registration. HostGoi may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to promote advertisements that appear on HostGoi’s website and in connection with its services. All such aggregated and non-identifying information that HostGoi collects, as well as any analysis of such information that HostGoi produces, is proprietary information of HostGoi.
B) Analytics and Statistics
HostGoi uses information gathered from its website analytics (e.g., user IP addresses) to help diagnose problems with HostGoi’s servers, and to administer and optimize the HostGoi website. HostGoi may also collects broad demographic information from this data to help improve its website and services collectively. Any statistics gathered by HostGoi are proprietary property of HostGoi.
C) Support and Email Communication
When customers send email inquiries and/or support ticket requests to HostGoi, the return email address (and other personal information provided in the inquiry/request) is used to answer the email inquiry/request received.
With the exception of trusted business partners who work with or on behalf of HostGoi, and are subject to specific confidentiality agreements, HostGoi will not provide or sell to any third party your personal information and will keep all customer information confidential, subject to the following:
- HostGoi does not share personally identifiable information about individual users with advertisers. HostGoi may display online advertisements and share aggregated and non-identifying information about customers collected through the registration process or through promotions with certain advertisers. This aggregated and non-identifying information may be used to deliver tailored advertisements across the Web or on the HostGoi website.
- HostGoi may access, preserve and share customer information with companies, organizations, governmental entities, or individuals outside of HostGoi if we believe, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that the law requires us to do so. This may include, but is not limited to, responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes. HostGoi may access, preserve, and share customer information as necessary to: establish or exercise HostGoi’s legal rights or defend against any claim including threatened claims; investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud or other illegal activities; prevent death or serious physical harm to any person; or investigate violations of HostGoi’s Terms of Service.
- In certain jurisdictions or pursuant to the rules of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) or certain registries, domain name registration information has to be made available and accessible to the public through a “WHOIS” search. The WHOIS is a publicly accessible database that lists the domain name registration information for a particular domain name, the name server(s) to which the domain name points, and the domain name’s creation and expiration date. HostGoi may deposit your domain registration information with a third-party escrow provider to comply with ICANN requirements. At times, customers may receive solicitations that result from searches of the publicly available databases by other companies or individuals. Any such solicitations or SPAM do not come from HostGoi and HostGoi does not control the use of WHOIS information by third parties.
Data Security Measures
HostGoi uses multiple security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Your data is protected using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, the industry standard. This encrypts order data and is designed to aid in ensuring the accuracy and security of that customer information. In the unlikely event of a data breach, HostGoi will notify the appropriate regulatory and/or legal authorities, as well as affected customers/individuals, within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Public ForumsBe advised that any information you may disclose or post in forums or other public areas of the HostGoi website or the Internet, becomes public information. You should always exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas. To request removal of your personal information from HostGoi testimonials, contact HostGoi at [email protected]. In some cases, HostGoi may be unable to remove your personal information, in which case HostGoi will let you know why it is unable to do so.
- Unsubscribe/Opt-outWhen you become a customer of HostGoi, you are automatically subscribed to receive transactional notices and updates about your account, email newsletters and news of special promotions offered through HostGoi and/or in conjunction with HostGoi’ partners. To unsubscribe from HostGoi’ newsletters and promotional mailings, customers may update their preferences in the Client Area. Customers may also unsubscribe through the links provided in promotional email messages sent by HostGoi or on HostGoi’ behalf. If at any time you wish to opt-out and are unable to do so please contact HostGoi at [email protected]
- Accessing & Modifying Your InformationHostGoi allows customers to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in HostGoi’ custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. HostGoi also allows individuals and customers to delete their personal information which is in HostGoi’ custody and control, by requesting erasure of the same. Customers and individuals may request access, updating/corrections of innacuracies, and erasure of personal information HostGoi has in its custody or control by accessing the Client Area or by contacting support via email, phone, or online chat. HostGoi may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access or erasure of individual/customer records.To ensure customers receive the information they need to manage their account and protect their privacy, HostGoi asks that customers keep their contact and billing information up to date at all times. Customers can update all account-related information directly through the Client Area. Alternatively, customers can contact HostGoi Support for futher assistance.
Children Under 18 and/or Minors
HostGoi does not sell products or services for purchase by children. Customers must be at least 18 years of age. Any individual under the age of 18 (“Minor”) must have a parent or guardian accept the Terms of Service in order for the Minor to become a Customer. If you are under 18, we strongly encourage you to use our website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact us by email at [email protected].